Securing the Date
- A retainer fee and service contract will lock in the date and time for your wedding/event. The agreement, which can be filled out and signed on your computer or mobile device, is attached within the proposal of services that will be sent to you. The retainer is typically 25%-50% of the total event, depending on the date and required services.
- The proposal will line item your requested event services. You will be prompted to apply your first payment as a retainer for your event date. This payment will be applied toward your balance. Please keep in mind that large events may incur an additional makeup and or hair artist fee. The timing will be included in the proposal and the start time will reflect the amount of time needed to complete requested services.
- PreauxFace will put together a schedule based on the number of services and the time the bride and the bridal party needs to be completed. It is extremely important that each party member arrives on time for their appointment to ensure that everyone is ready for their photos and the ceremony. Each appointment slot is 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the event). We will gather timeline details from you and schedule our services accordingly. Our timeline will always include a bit of cushion time at the end to ensure that everyone is on time and photo perfect!
- If requesting a preview session, we will arrange a time to meet with you at our studio to create and plan the look of your dreams for your wedding day. Preview Sessions are available Monday-Thursday due to the high volume of events on weekends. Please set aside 1 - 2 hours per service. (ex. hair and makeup, set aside 2-4 hours) We don't want to rush your look; let's get it right! Payment will be required at end of service and not included in the proposal. We will e-mail a copy of FAQ's regarding how to prep for the session.
- All balances must be paid in advance by Credit Card or Bank Transfer no later than one (1) week before the event. Extra services not outlined in the agreement can be added and treated as a separate transaction and only if time permits. We accept cash for add-on services day of event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a minimum for booking?
We do require a 4 (four) person minimum for weekend events & weddings (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) per service i.e. 4 persons for hair, 4 for makeup - for smaller parties the minimum charge will apply. We do offer a limited bride only rate starting at $350, please inquire.
All of my guests are planning to pay for their own beauty services - how does this work?
Due to the logistics of on-location events, we do not accept any form of payment the day of the event. Because the contract/agreement will be with one person in order to reserve the date and services, we can only accept payment from that individual.
I'm planning to get ready downtown or in the French Quarter, is parking covered in your rates?
Out of respect and fairness for all of our clients, we do not include parking in our rates. It is possible there may be 2-6 artists scheduled on an event. Although not guaranteed, PreauxFace artists will attempt to drive together when possible to minimize parking fees. We recommend contacting your hotel about a special vendor discounted rate for events.
My event is 2 years from now, can I still secure my date?
At this time we are only booking events 1 year out or less. However, feel free to reach out and we'll be sure to contact you when we open up your date to book!